Friends of Nature has a record of collaboration with a handful of local universities on conducting activities and exchanging professional outputs. Collaboration efforts are diverse tailored to strengths and capacities of involved parties to enhance the outcomes and impact of proposed projects and activities.
- Saint Joseph University (USJ): and FON partnered on project for the conservation of endemic species, engaged in FON training on Agroforestry, exchanged information and expertise on workshops led by either party with a focus on biodiversity.
- University of Holy Spirit of Kaslik (USEK): hosted the Agroforestry academic training and included the training material in the curriculum of the Agronomy studies.
- University of Balamand (UoB): our collaboration spanned from professional engagement on project implementation as training on biodiversity, to similitude in parallel project activities on marine restoration, and exchange of professional input and training on Agroforestry-agroecology.
- Lebanese American University (LAU) : promoted the marine restoration efforts to the student and academic body, hosted FON for cultural exchange and lecturing on biodiversity conservation efforts to the academic community and community guests, and are advancing efforts for partnering on project development and implementation.
- American University of Beirut (AUB): collaborated with professional sources in oceanography and marine biodiversity to orient marine restoration efforts, exchange professional input on biodiversity and conservation.
- Lebanese University (LU): have established extended collaboration with the professional academic body, lectured to the student body and are probing potentials for partnering on project development and implementation.
Friends of Nature is continuously coordinating with the universities to strengthen the basis for collaboration and to enhance the mutual benefits of integrating science and field implementation for improved outcomes to biodiversity and rural development.